The Minneapolis Rowing Club continues to build the U30 Program open to both students and young professionals. Participants must have at least one full year of rowing experience, sweep and/or sculling.
We welcome Junior Team alumni, local area college students, college students visiting the Twin Cities for the summer, recent graduates and other young professionals. Individuals in their early 30s who match well with the group in regard to fitness and rowing ability may also join with coach approval. MRC coaches reserve the right to recommend placement in another program that may better match a rower's skills and abilities.
U30 rowers will have the opportunity to compete with MRC at regional and national regattas if desired. Competition at regattas is optional and will incur additional uniform, entry and trailer fees not included in program cost.
NEW for 2022, we are expanding the program. Practices will be begin Tuesday, May 24, 2022, and continue through October for the Fall head racing season. A summer only option to row May 24 - September 4 is also available.
May 24 - October 30
5:30 - 7:30 am Tuesday - Friday
U30 Regatta Schedule - OPTIONAL
- June 18, Minneapolis Sprints, Minneapolis, MN
- June 25, Thunder Bay Sprints, Thunder Bay, ONT
- July 9, Duluth International Regatta, Duluth, MN
- July 22-23, NWIRA Championship Sprint Regatta, Kenora, ONT
- August 11-14, USRowing Masters Nationals, Sarasota, FL
- September 18, Death Row, Duluth, MN
- September 24, Head of the Des Moines, Des Moines, IA
- October 1, Head of the Mississippi, Minneapolis, MN
- October 9, Head of the Rock, Rockford IL
- October 22-23, Head of the Charles, Bostons, MA
- October 29, North Star Challenge, Minneapolis, MN
Includes both MRC club membership for the duration of the program and the coached program fee. USRowing membership is additional and paid directly to USRA. U30 members are eligible to become bow rated and check out club equipment to row independently outside practices. Current MRC members are also welcome to join. Please contact Jen Sowins, email@example.com.
$375 Full Season U30 Program May 24 - October 30
$350 SUMMER ONLY U30 Program May 24 - September 4
PROGRAM PARTICIPANT EXPECTATIONS:
- Attend MRC Club Orientation and Bow List Clinic
- Consistent and regular attendance at practices
- Active USRowing individual membership at Basic level or higher
- Complete Adult Athlete SafeSport Training through USRowing
- Prompt payment of any incurred regatta fees
- Adhere to MRC member policies and procedures such as completion of Pre-Season Checklist in iCrew and following COVID-19 guidelines
Log on to iCrew
MRC uses iCrew to manages practices and independent rowing reservations. All rowers should create an iCrew account and log all rowing activities both coached sessions and independent rowing.
The Minneapolis Rowing Club is an organizational member of USRowing and as part of our organizational member requirements, all MRC members who participate in rowing activities must hold at least USRowing Basic membership. This includes accepting the USRowing online waiver and completing the Adult Athlete SafeSport Training. Members who work with Junior Team may have additional SafeSport requirements. To join or renew, go to http://membership.usrowing.org