Juniors Learn to Row (LTR)
Ready to learn about our favorite sport? We'll bring you up to speed so you can join our team, even if you've never rowed before. Just choose a camp that fits your schedule, and register by clicking below. The Learn to Row camp is a 3 hour session. Cost is $75 and includes a MRC t-shirt.
LTR Registration - NOW OPEN!
Junior Learn To Row Camp I, Saturday, May 22, 2021, 11:00am - 2:00pm
Junior Learn To Row Camp II, Sunday, May 23, 2021, 1:00 - 4:00pm
Junior Learn To Row Camp III, Sunday, May 30, 2021, 11:00am - 2:00pm
Junior Learn To Row Camp IV, Saturday, June 5, 2021, 11:00am - 2:00pm
MRC Junior Team
Schedule & Team Fees
In order to row with the MRC Junior Team, there are two separate fees. Club membership dues are paid annually. In addition to membership, there is a seasonal program fee due for each season a rower participates. The Junior Team has three rowing seasons, spring, summer, and fall. Program fees do not automatically renew as there is no obligation for continued participation.
Season program fees may either be paid in full or there is an installment plan option to pay over time.
Rowers, both Novice and experienced, who are joining MRC for the very first time pay a higher program fee. The higher cost includes a MRC racing tank which is required to compete at regattas. This higher cost program fee is ONLY for the first season in which they row.
Become a Member Here!
- MRC Juniors annual membership dues are $230
- Juniors Novice (first year, no prior rowing experience) membership dues are $175
Spring Season 2021: Thursday, March 18 - Friday, June 11
Practices Monday - Friday, generally 4:00 - 6:00pm
Early season land based training schedule TBA
Spring 2021 Junior Team Program Fee: $460 Click here to register
Summer Season 2021: Monday, June 14 - Tuesday, August 17
Practices Monday - Friday 7:30 - 10:30am
Fall Season 2021: Monday, September 6 - Friday, October 29
Practices Monday - Friday 4:00 - 6:00pm
- Team program fees are seasonal
- Base program fee is generally $450 for each season. Due to pandemic related costs, the Spring 2021 program fee is $460.
- Junior Team NEW TO MRC program fee includes a MRC racing tank ($35) which is required to compete at regattas
MRC also offers a program fee installment plan for an additional $15. The cost is spread over 2 payments (please see registration details)
The program fee must be paid in full or the first payment of the installment plan must be made the first week of attending practices
- Regatta and travel fees are additional
- Refund Policy: There are generally no refunds after the season begins, however some proration may be possible in the event of significant program cancellations due to the COVID-19 pandemic
Scholarship funds are available. For consideration, please complete the online Scholarship Application. Contact Jen Sowins with any questions.
Team Member Expectations
- Meet minimum standards for participation. Junior Team members are expected to make most practices. If an athlete needs to miss sessions on a regular basis, please consult the Junior Team Head Coach before joining the team.
- MRC is a volunteer led organization. Members are expected to volunteer at boathouse work days and or middle school rowing camps.
- Keep financial status with MRC current by paying regatta (and other) fees promptly.
- The Junior Team is a competition focused team and athletes are expected to attend most regattas. Additional regatta and travel fees will be assessed prior to each regatta.
2021 Junior Team Regatta Calendar - TENTATIVE
March 13 Twin Cities Youth Rowing Erg Sprints (virtual)
May 15-16 Midwest Junior Championship, Bethel, OH
June 10-13 USRowing Youth National Championships, Sarasota, FL
June 12 Minneapolis Sprints, Lake Nokomis, Minneapolis, MN
June 26 Thunder Bay Sprints, Thunder Bay, ON
July 10 Duluth International Regatta, Duluth, MN
TBA Tops & Bottoms, Kenora, ON (previously held July 27, 2019)
August 13-14 NWIRA Championship Regatta, Kenora, ON
September 11 Pike Island Challenge, St.Paul, MN
September 25 Head of the Des Moines, Des Moines, IA
October 2 Head of the Mississippi, Minneapolis, MN
TBA Head of the Rock, Rockford, IL (previously held 2nd weekend in October)
October 23-24 Head of the Charles, Boston, MA