Juniors Learn to Row (LTR)
Ready to learn about our favorite sport? We'll bring you up to speed so you can join our team, even if you've never rowed before. Just choose a camp that fits your schedule, and register by clicking below. The Learn to Row camp is a 2.5 hour session. Cost is $75 and includes a MRC t-shirt.
We regret we have been unable to offer Junior Learn to Row and Middle School Programs in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We look forward to resuming these programs in 2021.
MRC Junior Team
Schedule & Team Fees
In order to row with the MRC Junior Team, there are two separate fees. Club membership dues are paid annually. In addition to membership, there is a seasonal program fee due for each season a rower participates. The Junior Team has three rowing seasons, spring, summer, and fall. Program fees do not automatically renew as there is no obligation for continued participation.
Season program fees may either be paid in full or there is an installment plan option to pay over time.
Rowers, both Novice and experienced, who are joining MRC for the very first time pay a higher program fee. The higher cost includes a MRC racing tank which is required to compete at regattas. This higher cost program fee is ONLY for the first season in which they row.
Rowers who have rowed at least one season with MRC should select the desired RETURNING ROWER registration link.
Become a Member Here!
- MRC Juniors annual membership dues are $230
- Juniors Novice (first year, no prior rowing experience) membership dues are $175
Fall Season: Monday, August 31 - Friday, October 30
Practice Monday-Friday at 4:00 and 4:30
Fall 2020 Junior Team Program Fee: $350 Click here to register
- Team program fees are seasonal
- Base program fee is generally $450 for each season.
- Junior Team NEW TO MRC program fee includes a MRC racing tank ($35) which is required to compete at regattas
MRC also offers a program fee installment plan for an additional $15. The cost is spread over 2 payments (please see registration details)
The program fee must be paid in full or the first payment of the installment plan must be made the first week of attending practices
- Regatta and travel fees are additional
- Refund Policy: There are no refunds after the season begins, and there is no pro-rating of team program fees
- Limited scholarship funds are available. For consideration, please complete the online Scholarship Application. Contact Jen Sowins with any questions.
Team Member Expectations
- Meet minimum standards for participation. Junior Team members are expected to make most practices. If an athlete needs to miss sessions on a regular basis, please consult the Junior Team Head Coach before joining the team.
- MRC is a volunteer led organization. Members are expected to volunteer at boathouse work days and or middle school rowing camps.
- Keep financial status with MRC current by paying regatta (and other) fees promptly.
- The Junior Team is a competition focused team and athletes are expected to attend most regattas. Additional regatta and travel fees will be assessed prior to each regatta.
2020 Junior Team Regatta Calendar - CANCELLED
Feb 22 Twin Cities Youth Rowing Erg Sprints (indoor), Minneapolis, MN
May 16-17 Midwest Junior Championship, Bethel, OH
June 11-14 USRowing Youth National Championships, Sarasota, FL
June 13 Minneapolis Sprints, Lake Nokomis, Minneapolis, MN
June 27 Thunder Bay Sprints, Thunder Bay, ON
July 11 Duluth International Regatta, Duluth, MN
July 25 Tops & Bottoms, Kenora, ON
August 14-15 NWIRA Championship Regatta, Kenora, ON
September 12 Pike Island Challenge, St.Paul, MN
September 26 Head of the Des Moines, Des Moines, IA
October 3 Head of the Mississippi, Minneapolis, MN
October 11 Head of the Rock, Rockford, IL
October 17-18 Head of the Charles, Boston, MA