Juniors Learn to Row (LTR)
Ready to learn about our favorite sport? We'll bring you up to speed so you can join our team, even if you've never rowed before. Just choose a camp that fits your schedule, and register by clicking below. The Learn to Row camp is a 3 hour session. Cost is $75 and includes a MRC t-shirt.
LTR Registration - NOW OPEN!
Junior Learn To Row Camp V, Thursday, August 26, 2021, 7:00-9:45am *NOTE DATE & TIME CHANGE
MRC Junior Team
Schedule & Team Fees
In order to row with the MRC Junior Team, there are two separate fees. Club membership dues are paid annually. In addition to membership, there is a seasonal program fee due for each season a rower participates. The Junior Team has three rowing seasons, spring, summer, and fall. Program fees do not automatically renew as there is no obligation for continued participation.
Season program fees may either be paid in full or upon request, an installment plan option to pay over time may be established.
Rowers, both Novice and experienced, who are joining MRC for the very first time may pay a higher program fee. The higher cost includes a MRC racing tank which is required to compete at regattas. This higher cost program fee is ONLY for the first season in which they row. This higher program fee is currently suspended until regatta competition resumes. The program fee for all rowers is currently $450 per season.
Become a Member Here!
- MRC Juniors annual membership dues are $230
- Juniors Novice (first year, no prior rowing experience) membership dues are $175
Once you become a MRC member, your confirmation email will include a registration link for iCrew. Please create an iCrew account. Junior Team members will use iCrew to indicate practice attendance and view workouts, line-ups, and equipment assignments.
Log on to iCrew
- Team program fees are seasonal
- Base program fee is generally $450 for each season. Due to pandemic related costs, the Spring 2021 program fee is $460.
- Official MRC racing tanks which cost $35 will be the only uniform item required once regatta competition resumes
On an as needed basis, MRC will offers a program fee installment plan - contact email@example.com
The program fee must be paid in full or the first payment of the installment plan must be made the first week of attending practices
- Regatta and travel fees are additional
- Refund Policy: There are generally no refunds after the season begins, however some proration may be possible in the event of significant program cancellations due to the COVID-19 pandemic or other unforeseen circumstances
Scholarship funds are available. For consideration, please complete the online Scholarship Application. Contact Jen Sowins with any questions.
Team Member Expectations
- Meet minimum standards for participation. Junior Team members are expected to make most practices. If an athlete needs to miss sessions on a regular basis, please consult the Junior Team Head Coach before joining the team.
- MRC is a volunteer led organization. Members are expected to volunteer at boathouse work days and or middle school rowing camps.
- Keep financial status with MRC current by paying regatta (and other) fees promptly.
- The Junior Team is a competition focused team and athletes are expected to attend most regattas. Additional regatta and travel fees will be assessed prior to each regatta.
2021 Junior Team Regatta Calendar TENTATIVE
March 13 Twin Cities Youth Rowing Erg Sprints (virtual)
May 15-16 Midwest Junior Championship, Bethel, OH
June 10-13 USRowing Youth National Championships, Sarasota, FL
June 12 Minneapolis Sprints, Lake Nokomis, Minneapolis, MN - CANCELLED
June 26 Thunder Bay Sprints, Thunder Bay, ON - CANCELLED
July 10 Duluth International Regatta, Duluth, MN - CANCELLED
TBA Tops & Bottoms, Kenora, ON (previously held July 27, 2019) - CANCELLED
August 13-14 NWIRA Championship Regatta, Kenora, ON - CANCELLED
September 11 Pike Island Challenge, St.Paul, MN
September 25 Head of the Des Moines, Des Moines, IA
October 2 Head of the Mississippi, Minneapolis, MN
TBA Head of the Rock, Rockford, IL (previously held 2nd weekend in October)
October 23-24 Head of the Charles, Boston, MA